On-Campus Recruitment Disclaimers, Terms & Conditions
Disclaimer for Employers
George Brown College will not be liable to employers with respect to any loss or damage which may result to them directly or indirectly in regard to the services supplied by GBCareers.
At George Brown College, we recognize and respect the importance of privacy. Personal and contact information that we collect is kept confidential and, as such, the college will not disclose employer contact information recorded on our GBCareers and Field Experience system without consent. Contact or personal information obtained by George Brown College is, under no circumstances, rented or sold.
Employers who obtain the contact or personal information of George Brown College students and alumni are expected to protect the privacy of those individuals and their personal information. Employers should not disclose contact or personal information of college students and alumni to other parties without the proper approvals. George Brown College accepts no responsibility for any loss or damage which may result from any such disclosure, approved or unapproved.
GBCareers Terms & Conditions for Employers
Employers utilizing the services provided by GBCareers must abide by these Terms and Conditions. the college reserves the right to refuse to any person or organization the use of this service.
All employment opportunity advertisements and recruiting activities advertised through GBCareers must conform to Employment Standards, and Ontario and Human Rights Legislation, as outlined with the Ontario Ministry of Labour.
GBCareers is a member of CACEE, the Canadian Association of Career Educators and Employers, and adheres to the Guidelines for Ethical Recruitment at Post-Secondary Educational Institutions and expect our employer partners to do so as well.
- name of organization with full mailing address and phone number
- full name of contact person with phone number and email address
- an adequate and accurate description of the nature of the position being offered and the type of job (e.g., full time permanent, contract, summer, etc.)
- recruitment agencies and third party recruiters must provide the name of the client organization for which they are hiring. This information will not be disclosed on the job posting. Only genuine employment opportunities will be accepted.
GBCareers will not promote the following types of employment:
- Are in violation of provincial and/or federal laws. To learn more about Labour Standards in the province of Ontario, please visit www.labour.gov.on.ca/english/es/
- Independent contracting arrangements (self-employment)
- Unless clearly stated, work involving unpaid or reduced pay for training
- Work involving credit in lieu of pay
- Any work which requires the purchase of a service or product, or requires a certified deposit or similar as a condition of employment
- Involve employment contracts or franchise opportunities which charge a fee (i.e.: certification fee, licensing fee, equipment purchase or rental, initial investment in a company)
- Pay commission only and/or offer no base salary (no significant salary)
- Require work that is multi-level marketing (MLM) in nature, or work for organizations that are pyramid-type of MLM in structure
- Are "club membership", distributorship or sales representative agency arrangements or other business opportunities which require up-front or periodic payments
- Require recruitment of other members, sub-distributors or sub-agents
- Are from organizations where there are currently no available openings
GBCareers reserves the right to remove or refuse any job opportunities or recruitment initiatives where:
- non-compliance with these terms and conditions has occurred
- incorrect or misleading information has been provided
- there are founded complaints from students or College personnel regarding unethical recruitment practices
- the employment opportunity is considered by the GBCareers office to not represent a viable work opportunity for the students
- the behaviour or conduct of an employer in their involvement with the college represents unethical recruitment conduct and/or is deemed contrary to GBCareers guidelines and practices.
GBCareers may use an employer's email address for the following purposes:
- update employers regarding our online job posting system, GBCareers
- clarify job posting details
- inform employers of services to facilitate recruitment on campus or for the purposes of conducting labour market research
- requesting feedback regarding GBCareers employment and recruiting services
- recording recruiting results in terms of George Brown College student hires
George Brown College makes every effort to ensure that the information contained in this system and any printed materials is accurate. Links from this system to internal pages and/or external web sites are believed to be relevant and up-to-date. We do not accept responsibility for information contained on external web sites. Links in this system should not suggest that George Brown College or GBCareers promotes or endorses any third party's causes, ideas, web content, products or services. The college reserves the right to deny or withdraw any external link. If you encounter a non-functioning internal or external link which may no longer be current, please inform our Technical Officer at 416.415.5000 ext. 6167 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.